Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bobotie success!



Craigy got his British passport today. So in the vain to prove that South Africa has some of it's own treasures (in an effort to convince him that he should not leave me here all alone) i decided to cook him some Bobotie. It was great.

I believe it did the trick.

Ha! take that England! enjoy your mash potatoes and pork sausages!

;-)

For all the non-South African's; Bobotie is: a South African dish consisting of spiced minced meat baked with an egg-based topping. The recipe probably originates from the Dutch East India Company colonies in Batavia, with the name derived from the Indonesian Bobotok. It is also made with curry powder leaving it with a slight "tang".

Thanks Wikipedia!

2 comments:

desi said...

SHIT! how did you do this? I was going to post a recipe specially for bobotie, I took all the photos Tuesday. ANd here I stumble on your post, hahaha!!! :DDDD
Maybe I'll still post the recipe and also refer the International people here to come and see how us south africans do our stuff! :)

People call me Mel said...

ha ha, imagine THAT!

:-)

Knowers of the DirtyUnknown